Cathy Madden’s Friday Harbor Residential
August 30 to September 10, 2019
Integrative Alexander Technique Practice:
Constructive Conscious Kindness to Yourself
Cooperating with Your Design
Supporting Your Desires and Dreams
Enfolded in a Beautiful Natural Setting
Cathy Madden leads a small group residential each year – using playful integrative practice to apply the tools of the Alexander Technique to bolster what brings joy to our lives.
The full residential will meet from August 30 in the Evening to September 10 before lunch. Except for the first and last days, the general class schedule will be from 9 a.m. to Noon and 7 – 8:30 p.m. Tuition for the full residential will be $950. (Note: There is a break from classes between Lunchtime on September 5 and the evening class on September 6)
Partial Option A: August 30 in the evening to September 5 before lunch. Tuition for this segment is $675.
Partial Option B: September 6 in the evening to September 10 before lunch. Tuition for this segment is $375.
Housing and Food Service Options
Housing is in two bedroom cottages (each person has their own bedroom. The per person daily rate is $114.50 plus 8.1% tax or $123.77 per night ($1361.51 for the full residential; $866.39 for Option A; $618.85 for Option B)
If you choose to stay off campus, there is a $69/day Conference Fee. If you are a UW student, the conference fee is $37/day.
All the cottages have kitchens so you can prepare your own food. Food Service is also available and is $55 plus tax/day. If you would like to have food service, Cathy needs to arrange it ahead of time.
Estimated Summary of Costs
Following is a summary of costs. Housing and meals may vary by a few dollars at final tally.
|Tuition||Housing||Meals||Conference Fee (if staying off campus)|
|Full – $950||$1361.51||10 days @ $60 = $600||$690 / $370 for UW student|
|Partial A – $675||$866.39||7 days @ $60 = $420||$483 / $259 for UW student|
|Partial B – $375||$618.85||4 days @ $60 = $240||$276 / $148 for UW student|
For the most complete description of the variety of ways to get to Friday Harbor, please see the Friday Harbor labs website
If you are traveling by car, I recommend that you reserve a spot on the Washington State Ferries.
About Cathy Madden
- Director, Integrative Alexander Technique Studio of Seattle
- Principal Lecturer, University of Washington School of Drama
- Founding Member, Integrative Alexander Technique Educators
- Author: Integrative Alexander Technique Practice for Performing Artists: Onstage Synergy and Teaching the Alexander Technique: Active Pathways to Integrative Practice
- Co-Editor: Galvanizing Performance (with Kathleen Juhl)
- Associate Director, BodyChance
- Founder, Former Chair, Vision/Mission Committee Chair, Formal Consensus Facilitator – for Alexander Technique International
- Mother, Actor, Clown, Director, Doula, Formal Consensus Facilitator, Fledgling Artist and Gardener, Hiker, Neuroscience Reader