If you wish to participate in the ATI Sponsorship Process at the Congress in Chicago on July 29, 2018, please complete the ATI Sponsor Evaluation Candidate Application, or send an email to Sarah Barker, Chair of the Certification Coordination Committee by June 15, 2018, to schedule your certification sessions.
You may schedule up to three (3) evaluations with sponsors who have volunteered to be available on that day. The location is within a five-minute walk from Loyola University.
Sessions are scheduled for 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.; 11:30 a.m – 1:30 p.m.; and 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Materials Required for Sponsoring Evaluation Process
NOTE: Submission deadline for documents is June 25, 2018.
Once you have scheduled your evaluation sessions, please provide all documents listed below via email to Sarah Barker, Chair of ATI’s Certification Coordination Committee. This will allow time for the CCC to review your documents and provide them to the sponsor(s) who will be evaluating you on the July 29 sessions.
- A written resume of work/career outside of training for Alexander Technique;
- A brief written description of the process by which you have learned to teach the Alexander Technique (over what period of time, with whom);
- A brief written description of how teaching Alexander Technique will be integrated into your work;
- A list of the five most important texts that have influenced your study of the Alexander Technique; and
- A specific section or passage from F. M. Alexander’s writing to be discussed during the sponsorship assessment.
When you arrive at your evaluation session(s), please have with you one copy of the following documents:
- Written acknowledgement in the form of a copy of the your training certificate, or a letter from an Alexander Technique teacher confirming that you have successfully completed a process to learn to teach the FM Alexander Technique. This Alexander Technique teacher will have played a significant role in this process such as trainer or mentor. A “significant role” means a relationship of continuous work and study;
- The ATI Code of Ethics with your signature on the agreement page; and
- Three (3) copies of the ATI Criteria Sponsorship Form for each evaluation session (one copy to submit with your application, one copy for your records, and one copy for the sponsor to retain for his or her records).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: June 15, 2018
DEADLINE FOR MATERIALS: JUNE 25, 2018