If you wish to participate in the ATI Sponsorship Process at the ATI Annual Conference on October 19, 2018, in Kyoto-Arashiyama, Japan, please send an email to Sarah Barker, Chair of the Certification Coordination Committee by April 30, 2018, to schedule your certification sessions.
You may schedule up to three (3) evaluations on October 19 and 20, 2018, with sponsors who have volunteered to be available on that day. If needed, Where needed, translators will be available. We encourage you to attend the Annual Conference, although you may schedule up to two (2) evaluations (at a fee) without attending the conference. You can register for the Annual Conference below by clicking the orange button.
Friday, October 19, 2018, sessions are scheduled at: 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.; 3:30 p.m – 5:30 p.m.; and 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 20, 2018, has only one session scheduled: 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Materials Required for Sponsoring Evaluation Process
NOTE: Submission deadline for documents is September 5, 2018.
Once you have scheduled your evaluation sessions, please provide all documents listed below via email to Sarah Barker, Chair of ATI’s Certification Coordination Committee. This will allow time for the CCC to review your documents and provide them to the sponsor(s) who will be evaluating you on the July 29 sessions. We will try to accommodate different languages if English is not your preferred language.
- A written resume of work/career outside of training for Alexander Technique;
- A brief written description of the process by which you have learned to teach the Alexander Technique (over what period of time, with whom);
- A brief written description of how teaching Alexander Technique will be integrated into your work;
- A list of the five most important texts that have influenced your study of the Alexander Technique; and
- A specific section or passage from F. M. Alexander’s writing to be discussed during the sponsorship assessment.
When you arrive at your evaluation session(s), please have with you one copy of the following documents:
- Written acknowledgement in the form of a copy of the your training certificate, or a letter from an Alexander Technique teacher confirming that you have successfully completed a process to learn to teach the FM Alexander Technique. This Alexander Technique teacher will have played a significant role in this process such as trainer or mentor. A “significant role” means a relationship of continuous work and study;
- The ATI Code of Ethics with your signature on the agreement page; and
- Three (3) copies of the ATI Criteria Sponsorship Form for each evaluation session (one copy to submit with your application, one copy for your records, and one copy for the sponsor to retain for his or her records).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: April 30, 2018
DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR CONFERENCE: August 1, 2018
DEADLINE FOR MATERIALS: September 5, 2018